Zen and Mindfulness practice on the Palouse
Palouse Zen Community
We offer zazen instruction by zoom only. It is helpful if you call (858)859-2936 or use our contact form to make arrangements with us before attending a zoom meditation for the first time.
We can either meet with you before a formal sitting or by special arrangement.
Here is a link to a brief introduction to Zen.
Suggestions for books
- Zen Flesh Zen Bones: A Collections of Zen and Pre-Zen Writings by Paul Reps and Nyogen Senzaki
- The Still Point: A Beginners Guide to Zen Meditation by John Daido Loori
- Path of Enlightenment: Stages in a Spiritual Journey by John Daido Loori
- Three Pillars of Zen by Philip Kapleau.
- Taking the Path of Zen by Robert Aitken.
- The Way of Zen by Alan Watts.
- Dropping Ashes on the Buddha By Seung Sahn.